Latest issue of Campus Firewatch
In this issue…
- Fatal off-campus fire – Information on the fire that claimed the life of Reed College student Mara Gibbs.
- Using social media effectively – This article features interviews with social media experts from the USFA, NFPA, American Red Cross and others.
- Fire safety in Amherst, Massachusetts – Amherst is the home town of three colleges and faces many of the same problems as other communities, including over crowding, student behavior issues and much more. I talked with the town’s liaison officer, building inspector and assistant fire chief to learn more about how they are addressing these issues.
- Teaching students with disabilities about fire safety – Fire safety for students with disabilities is a critical issue that is often overlooked on campuses. This article provides you with information on how you can improve your outreach to these students.
- New campus fire safety legislation introduced in Congress – Legislation was introduced that will provide for matching grants to schools to develop and deliver campus fire safety education to students throughout their academic career, with a focus on students with disabilities.
If you would like to receive Campus Firewatch each quarter you can subscribe online by clicking here.